Obtaining high quality photos is essential for online, social media and printed materials, and this guide, compiled by our colleague Richard Ashby, at Dotkumo, looks at how to source content and remain legally compliant.
This guide aims to:
- Give a brief overview of common terms
- Help you to find legally compliant photos and images
- Provide information on Creative Commons and licensing options
- Explore stock photo libraries
- Outline how copyright is protected
- Offer advice on commissioning photography that meets privacy and legal requirements
- Answer some frequently asked questions
- Provide some case studies to illustrate good practice.
Photo by Char Beck on Unsplash